Hi, it’s Jenn, from Eat Cake For Dinner. Happy November 🙂 This month I’m sharing a delicious cake recipe with you. It tastes like it’s made from scratch, but it’s actually an easy shortcut recipe. Life is about to get even busier this Holiday season and it’s great to have a few shortcut recipes on hand.
I’ve made so many different versions of cake mix bundt cakes. Most of the time I add sour cream, but for this cake, I thought why not sub the sour cream with fresh mashed bananas? That way, the cake will have an amazing fresh banana flavor and it will still add just as much moisture as the sour cream.
My family loves this cake. It’s a very very moist cake. I was actually planning to reduce the water in the recipe, but my family loved it so much the way it was, I left it and still make my original version. If you don’t want an extremely moist cake, try reducing the water to ¾ cup. White chocolate is the perfect combo with the sweet banana cake. The ganache is silky smooth and rich and thick and creamy. You will want to eat this ganache by the spoonful. This cake will disappear in no time. I do recommend using a cake mix that doesn’t already have pudding added. It should say on the front of the box.
You might also like these delicious recipes from: Eat Cake For Dinner
Banana Pudding Bundt Cake with White Chocolate Ganache
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 3.4 oz. box instant banana cream pudding
- 1 c. mashed bananas about 2-3 bananas
- 4 large eggs
- 1 c. water
- 1/2 c. vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- sliced almonds for garnish, opt.
- White Chocolate Ganache
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For the Cake: Combine dry cake mix, dry pudding mix, mashed bananas, eggs, water, oil and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk together until completely smooth and well combined. Pour into a very well greased and floured large bundt pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 15 minutes. Then, invert to a wire rack and cool completely. When cake is completely cool, make the ganache.
- For the White Chocolate Ganache: Place white chocolate chips in a small bowl; set aside. In a separate small bowl, microwave heavy cream for 20-30 seconds or until it starts to bubble. Pour hot cream over chocolate chips and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Stir together until chips are melted and mixture is silky smooth. If the chocolate chips aren't completely melted, microwave the mixture for 15 seconds at a time until chips are melted. Pour ganache over cooled cake and garnish with sliced almonds, if desired. Allow glaze to set, slice and serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.