If you are searching for the perfect banana bread recipe, your search is over. This is another great recipe from our friend Jeremy’s family. It was gone in 5 minutes. My boys both gobbled it up. I loved it because it was so easy to throw together and I could use up all of my over-ripe bananas!
Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 2 stars
Things that I changed: Nothing
Things I would do differently next time: Nothing at all!
Will I make this again? Yes!
Barton Banana Bread
- 1 C sugar
- 2 Tbs shortening I used butter flavored shortening and it turned out great!
- 1 egg
- 3/4 C milk
- 3 C Flour
- 3 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 C mashed Banana About 2-3
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan. 1 Full size, or 2 small.
- Mix sugar, shortening, and egg thoroughly. Stir in milk. Measure flour and blend dry ingredients.
- Stir in. Blend in mashed bananas. You don't want to use a mixer for this. Hand mix it and batter should be a little lumpy. Pour into pan(s).
- Bake for 60-70 minutes. Check center with toothpick and it should come out clean.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.