If you are searching for the perfect banana bread recipe, your search is over. This is another great recipe from our friend Jeremy’s family. It was gone in 5 minutes. My boys both gobbled it up. I loved it because it was so easy to throw together and I could use up all of my over-ripe bananas!
Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 2 stars
Things that I changed: Nothing
Things I would do differently next time: Nothing at all!
Will I make this again? Yes!
Barton Banana Bread
- 1 C sugar
- 2 Tbs shortening I used butter flavored shortening and it turned out great!
- 1 egg
- 3/4 C milk
- 3 C Flour
- 3 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 C mashed Banana About 2-3
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan. 1 Full size, or 2 small.
- Mix sugar, shortening, and egg thoroughly. Stir in milk. Measure flour and blend dry ingredients.
- Stir in. Blend in mashed bananas. You don't want to use a mixer for this. Hand mix it and batter should be a little lumpy. Pour into pan(s).
- Bake for 60-70 minutes. Check center with toothpick and it should come out clean.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
That bread looks so good! I love banana bread, but have never tried making any myself. I think I better though because I could really go for a piece of that!
This is close to a recipe that I’ve been using for over 30 years… try and use 1/2 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 white sugar
So do you use mashed potatoes or mashed bananas?
Mashed Bananas! Sorry I have changed that!
This looks delicious, I love banana bread I may need to try it. Newest GFC follower. I love your blog and cannot wait to start trying out some of these recipes.
I have four VERY ripe bananas sitting on my counter and I was thinking today that I should make banana bread with them. And then I saw this post and it looks divine! 🙂 If it’s ok with you, I’d love to try this recipe and post it on my blog!
Oh ya for sure!! You will love it! I’m sure I will end using some of your yummy recipes! 🙂
That looks really, really good! I’m not a fan of banana bread, but from the looks of this one, I’m going to give it a try.