This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Perfect moist and puffy cookies with fresh blueberries bursting inside. These cookies are a mix between a blueberry muffin and a soft and chewy cookie. Drizzled in a lemon glaze, these will become a new favorite!
I am celebrating a pretty special occasion today with some of my favorite blog friends. Our friend over at Something Swanky is having a boy! So we are throwing her a virtual baby shower to celebrate. I wanted to bring some delicious cookies and these Blueberry Cream Cheese Cookies are perfect!
I was so excited to hear that Ashton is having a boy. Having two boys, I feel like I am a pro in the boy department. They are so much fun! I had to learn how to hunt for bugs, go to monster truck shows, and break a nail or two digging in the dirt. Boys are so sweet and and I can’t wait to meet Ashton’s little bundle!
As I was thinking about what to make for Ashton, I thought blue. And then it involved into something ‘blue’berry. And blueberry just happens to be perfect for this time of year. But have you ever had a blueberry in a cookie?! Whoa. like whoa. These tasted like a blueberry muffin and a cookie had a baby. Ha.
The cookie base was perfection. Soft, puffy, and chewy and the cream cheese inside was awesome. The blueberries just burst inside your mouth with every bite and kept the cookies moist and soft.
I couldn’t stop eating them they were so good. But the added lemon glaze on top was the perfect finishing touch to these cookies. Lemon and blueberry go so well together and the hint of lemon was so refreshing.
These cookies are soft and chewy and absolutely perfect. I know that you are going to love them too!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Blueberry Cream Cheese Cookies with a Lemon Glaze
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- zest of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl cream together the sugar, butter, and cream cheese until smooth. Add in egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- In another medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until incorporated. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto the cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
To make the glaze:
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon juice, milk, vanilla and lemon zest. Drizzle on top of cookies.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.