Iced blueberry and lemon poppyseed muffins! So moist and delicious you’ll want one every day for breakfast!
Hey guys! It’s Tiffany from Creme de la Crumb back to share another recipe with you! In the morning I love me a BIG fat lemon poppyseed muffin. I like it with lots of icing and if I can get it warmed up, I’m in heaven. I recently made some lemon poppyseed muffins but I also had a huge bowl of blueberries in the fridge just dying to be added to the batter so as a last minute thought, I threw them in. Oh my gosh am I glad I did, they are AMAZING! The blueberry-lemon combo is so tasty and the icing and poppyseeds just pull everything together. This is a great way to make busy morning breakfasts easy and delicious!
Blueberry Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
Iced blueberry and lemon poppyseed muffins! So moist and delicious you'll want one every day for breakfast!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 425. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray or line with cupcakes liners and set aside.
- Mix flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat sugar, butter, and lemon zest on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until combined. Reduce speed to low and add dry ingredients in two installments, alternating with 3 additions of yogurt. (DO NOT OVER MIX or your muffins will turn out hard and tough) Gently stir in blueberries.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin cups. Bake at 475 for 5 minutes. Reduce temperature to 375 and bake 15-18 minutes until muffins are golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out mostly clean. Remove muffins from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Whisk together all icing ingredients. Pour over cooled muffins. Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.