I used to be so scared of making pancakes. I have no clue why. So I would never make them. I faced my fear of making pancakes a couple of years ago and they are so ridiculously easy! Now I enjoy making them all of the time. You usually have all of the ingredients on hand and can make a batch in no time at all.
I love how you can make different variations of pancakes. But blueberry pancakes are a classic. This recipe was really the perfect blueberry pancake recipe! And I loved the sour cream mixed in with these pancakes. These pancakes were so moist and perfect and bursting with fresh blueberries inside! The fresh blueberry glaze on top completed these pancakes perfectly and were gobbled up by the entire family!
Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes
Delicious sour cream blueberry pancakes that are bursting with delicious blueberries!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries*
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
To make the blueberry topping:
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the water until smooth. Add the blueberries. On medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil and continue to stir for about 2-4 minutes until the mixture has thickened. Remove from the heat, and cover with foil to keep warm.
For the pancakes:
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sour cream, and butter. Stir into the dry ingredients until it is just moistened. Fold in the blueberries.
- On a greased griddle over medium low heat, add 1/4 cup of the batter to the center. When small bubbles appear at the surface, flip the pancake and cook the other side until golden brown. Serve with blueberry topping
*If using frozen blueberries, do not allow to thaw to avoid discoloring the batter.
Recipe from Taste of Homes Cookbook