Super Easy Brownie Strawberry Shortcake. Only takes 20 minutes of prep time and is the perfect summer dessert! If you love this recipe you will love my Easy Homemade Brownies Recipe!
Hi guys! It’s Kelley back from Chef Savvy! Today I am sharing with you this Brownie Strawberry Shortcake!
Who doesn’t love strawberry shortcake especially when it’s made with chocolate! This Brownie Strawberry Shortcake is amazing! Super rich, fudgey and loaded with chocolate.
Let’s talk about how easy this recipe is. I used pre bought brownie mix + eggs + oil for the brownie base.
For the whipped topping I used fresh cream mixed with vanilla pudding mix. It is the perfect filling for this Brownie Strawberry Shortcake. Creamy, not too sweet with lots of vanilla flavor.
This recipe is a great way to use up extra strawberries. I layer strawberry halves on both layers of this Brownie Shortcake.
This Brownie Strawberry Shortcake is the perfect summertime dessert. Enjoy!
Brownie Strawberry Shortcake
- 2 boxes pre made brownie mix
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 cups strawberries sliced
- Preheat the oven according to the brownie packing.
- Grease 2 8 -inch cake pans with butter or cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment combine brownie mix, eggs, oil and water.
- Divide the batter between the prepared pans and bake according to the box instructions.
- Let cool on wire racks, then turn out of the pans.
- Meanwhile add the heavy cream to a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Whip cream on high speed until peaks form.
- Reduce the speed to medium, add the pudding mix, then increase the speed again to high and whip until stiff peaks form. Store in the fridge until ready to assemble cake.
- To assemble place 1 layer of the brownie cake on a cake serving plate.
- Top with half of the whipped cream.
- Layer half of the strawberries on top of the cream.
- Place the second cake layer on top of the strawberries and repeat.
- Slice and serve immediately.
Adapted from Katie Lee’s Endless Summer Cookbook