This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
A simple brussels sprouts parmesan salad with fresh garden veggies!
Hi everyone! Chelsea back from Chelsea’s Messy Apron with a simple Spring salad for you today!
When making a salad, I tend to go way overboard and have about 18 million toppings to a bed of lettuce – nuts, fruits, veggies, more fruits, more veggies, cheese, more cheese… Oh and a few more nuts for good measure…
But this time we’re keeping it super simple and I’m certain you’ll love it that way! We’ve got cherry tomatoes, shredded carrots, sliced almonds, and Parmesan cheese all on top of a bed of shredded brussels sprouts. Super simple and totally tasty!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 pound brussels sprouts halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes I used red and yellow, halved
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large lemons 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- In a skillet, toast the almonds by placing them in a dry skillet over medium heat and stirring until lightly fragrant watching them carefully to not burn them.
- Remove the stems from the brussels and then halve and thinly slice them. Fluff the sprouts and place in a large bowl. Add in the carrots and halved cherry tomatoes.
- Make the dressing by combining the lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, Dijon mustard, shallots, garlic, about 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste) in a mason jar. Shake to combine. Pour over the salad.
- Add the parmesan cheese and toss to combine. Let the salad sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes (or up to an hour in the fridge) to allow the flavors to mesh and the brussels to soften.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve at room temperature, adding the almonds right before serving. Best enjoyed the same day.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
More Salad Recipes from Chelsea’s Messy Apron: