My favorite candy bar is a Snickers. But my hubby on the other hand loves Butterfingers! I have never been a fan of a Butterfinger. But these delicious, chewy and rich brownies may have just converted me!
I wasn’t too sure how these would turn out. Especially when a Butterfinger has flaky layers. So I had to put them to the test and try them out. WOW. They were perfectly moist and chewy. And the Butterfinger bits melted inside were the bomb. We had friends over that night and everyone loved these delicious chewy Butterfinger brownies. If a Butterfinger is your favorite candy bar, then make these delicious brownies. It is the best of both worlds!
Delicious chunks of Butterfinger Candy Bars baked into an amazing moist and chewy brownie!
- 1 package dark chocolate cake mix 15.25 oz
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix 3.9 oz.
- 1 Tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 6 Butterfinger candy bars 2.1 oz size
- 1 1/2 cups chunky peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, flour, pudding mix and cocoa. In another bowl whisk together milk, oil, butter and eggs. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
- Line a 9x13 with aluminum foil. Press half of the dough mixture into the bottom. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While baking chop 2 Butterfinger candy bars. Stir peanut butter, and vanilla into the other half of the uncooked cake mixture. Fold in chopped bars and 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Chop 3 additional candy bars and sprinkle over the top of the warm crust and press down gently. Drop the other half of the mixed cake mixture evenly on top. Press down with a metal spatula. Crush the last remaining candy bar on top and sprinkle with remaining chips all over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely and cut into bars.