A soft and puffy pumpkin snickerdoodle with an ooey gooey caramel center. These are some of the best fall cookies that I have ever made!
Snickerdoodles are easily one of my favorite cookies. I absolutely love these Pumpkin Cheesecake Snickerdoodles that are on the blog. Biting into a soft pumpkin cookie with a surprise center is amazing!
I wanted to bake these cookies for a Halloween treat. But instead of filling the inside with a cream cheese center I decided to use caramel.
If you like pumpkin and caramel… these will be life changing!
These cookies are the softest most delicious pumpkin cookies that you will ever eat. Take my word for it. I ate way to many to even be able to count. 🙂 But the ooey gooey caramel center with each bite is the best part! Caramel and pumpkin go so well together. You are going to love these cookies just as much as our family did! This is a must bake cookie this fall. 🙂
Caramel Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- 3¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. freshly-ground ground nutmeg
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 36 soft caramels like Kraft
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- Dash of allspice
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together. Set aside.
- In a kitchenaid mixer with a paddle attachment, beat together the butter and sugars on medium high speed until fluffy about 2-3 minutes.
- Blend in pumpkin puree, beat in egg and then add vanilla. Slowly add dry ingredients on low speed just until combined. Cover and chill dough for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line your baking sheets with parchment paper. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and spices for the coating and set aside.
- To make the cookies, take a tablespoon of the cookie batter. Flatten it like a pancake and place a caramel in center. Form another tablespoon of the cookie batter into a flat pancake shape and place on top of the caramel. Pinch the edges together sealing in the caramel and roll into a ball. Roll in the cinnamon sugar coating and place on the prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Repeat until the dough is gone and flatten the cookie dough balls with a heavy bottomed glass or measuring cup.
- Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes or until the tops start to crack. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack. Enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Oh my goodness, Alyssa! These look amazing!! I would make them right now if I had caramels on hand. This is happening tomorrow!
These snickerdoodles look and sound heavenly!