These cookies were soft and gooey on the inside and the caramel inside was perfect.
Nutella. Whoever invented Nutella is pure genius. That stuff is amazing and pretty much good on anything. Nutella is always there for you especially when you are sad. 🙂
I have always wanted to incorporate Nutella into a cookie. I know that I have seen cookie recipes that stuff nutella inside, but I wanted these cookies to taste like nutella. But then I wanted to take them to a whole different level and stuff the insides with caramel. Can you even imagine biting into a nutella cookie with gooey caramel inside? Holy cow. Mind blown. These cookies were soft and gooey on the inside and the caramel inside was perfect. How can you go wrong with a Caramel Stuffed Nutella Cookie. You just can’t.
I tried to find the caramel bits to stuff in the cookies but couldn’t. I hear that they melt a little better than the caramel squares. But I found that if you cook the cookies a little longer the caramel will be more gooey but the cookie won’t be as chewy.
Caramel Stuffed Nutella Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- ½ cup Nutella or other hazelnut chocolate spread
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup caramel squares cut into ¼’s or caramel bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet and set aside. In a medium sized bowl add the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar in a stand mixer on high until it is light and fluffy. About 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the mixer on low and add the eggs and vanilla. Add the nutella and mix well. Add the dry ingredients and mix until the dough is smooth.
- Measure about 2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball. Flatten the ball and place 1-2 caramel squares inside, wrap the cookie dough over the caramel and roll back into a ball. Make sure it is completely covered so that the caramel won’t stick to the pan. I flattened the dough balls just a little when I set them on the pan.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes. Allow them to cool for about 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
What Carmel did you use? Will withers Carmel work?
Yes! Any caramel will work!
I just finished making these !! Super easy and delicious! I used one tablespoon of dough and one 1/4 piece of caramel and they’re perfect. I took them up a notch by sandwiching 2 cookies between Nutella. Absolutely heavenly! Thanks for the great recipe
“sandwiching 2 cookies between nutella” sounds like you used the cookies as filling with nutella on the outside. 😉 Sounds yummy.
For the love of everything holy, I want these now!
I can’t wait to try this recipe – it looks amazing!
I don’t know about where you are, but around here, I typically find the caramel bits in most stores in the baking aisle, around where they keep the chopped nuts and chocolate chips! I was cutting caramel squares into fours for another recipe I’d tried – a brown butter caramel-stuffed snickerdoodle which was FANTASTIC – until I found those bits. They save SO much time, too!
These look great with the caramel stuffed inside.
Nutella and caramel sounds ah-may-zing! That goey caramel in the center…be still my heart.
These look insanely good! The Nutella & then the caramel – pinned!
That definitely sounds like my type of cookie! Fantastic recipe 🙂
Happy Valley Chow