This.was.to.die.for. It turned out so fantastic and the entire family loved it. Let’s rewind to yesterday. I am getting so big and pregnant and it is getting harder to do regular day to day activities. I cooked up three recipes and by the end of it my feet were so swollen and my back was out. But me and the hubby got to enjoy this delicious recipe together for lunch. He kept raving to me how delicious it was.
Now lets fast forward to today. We just had it for the second time. Two days in a row. It is just that good! I wanted to make it for my boys and some friends that came to visit us. This was loved even by my picky little eater. The sauce was so creamy and the right consistency over the noodles. Not to thick and not to thin. The taste was out of this world. And the bacon inside made it beyond amazing. I served it with some chicken and asparagus and this is a recipe that we will be making again and again!
Chicken Bacon Pasta
- 4 Chicken Breasts boneless skinless
Chicken Dry Herb Rub:
- 1.5 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 pound penne pasta
- Combine dry chicken rub ingredients and rub on each side of the chicken breasts. Grill chicken about 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. ]
- Cook the penne pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and rinse the pasta in hot water.
- In a medium sauce pan cook the heavy cream and cream cheese together until smooth and cream cheese has melted. Add garlic powder, red pepper flakes, pepper, and salt. Lastly, whisk in the parmesan cheese. Continue to cook over medium heat until heated throughout. Add the crumbled bacon.
- Lastly, add the hot rinsed pasta to the sauce, stirring to coat well. Cut the grilled chicken in pieces and serve over the pasta. Enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.