Chicken Caprese Macaroni and Cheese. A quick and easy one pot meal loaded with juicy chicken, cheesy pasta and fresh tomatoes and basil.
Hey everyone! Serene from House of Yumm back with you today. And Im bringing you the recipe for this Chicken Caprese Mac and Cheese. Nothing saves the day with dinner quite like a meal that can come together in a large skillet.
What makes this Chicken Caprese Macaroni and Cheese so great?
- It’s made in one skillet. Which makes dishes super easy and makes the entire meal more flavorful!
- There’s a combination of chicken AND pasta. Making this pretty much a complete meal. Much more filling than just a regular mac and cheese.
- Making this with a combination of evaporated milk and cornstarch eliminates the need to make a sauce using butter and flour. And makes the sauce creamier thanks to the evaporated milk having less water content to it.
Some other recipes on houseofyumm.com that are similar are this Easy Skillet Lasagna, and this One Pot Spinach and Artichoke Mac and Cheese.
Chicken Caprese Macaroni and Cheese
- 3 chicken breasts thin cut or breast portions cut in half
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Dried basil
Caprese Macaroni and Cheese
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups dried elbow macaroni
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- Balsamic glaze optional topping
- In a large pan pour the olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add the chicken breasts and sprinkle with salt, pepper and dried basil. Allow to cook about 5 minutes then turn to cook the other side. Sprinkle the other side with the remaining salt, pepper and dried basil. Cook until chicken is browned and no longer pink. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the minced garlic to the pan and cook for about 30 seconds. Pour in the chicken broth. Measure out the evaporated milk and whisk in the cornstarch. Pour into the pan with the chicken broth and stir together.
- Add in the macaroni noodles. Bring to a simmer and let the noodles cook stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes until noodles are tender.
- Add in the cheeses and stir to mix. Add in the diced tomatoes and fresh basil. Stir.
- Slice the chicken and add back to the pan. Serve warm and enjoy.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
The mac & cheese was not creamy enough and I had to add quite a bit of extra liquid. The chicken was out of this world good. I think just perfecting the mac & cheese part a little bit would be first place best in show recipe