I am always trying to think of new recipes to create. Being a food blogger, you are always thinking about food. I was sitting in a blog conference and since we LOVED the Alfredo Roll Ups so much, I thought a chicken cordon bleu version of them sounded amazing! So after experimenting a couple of times I created an amazing cordon bleu roll up! This is combined with chicken, ham, and bacon with a creamy chicken sauce and is topped with swiss cheese. I felt like it represented chicken cordon bleu exactly the way that I wanted it to!
The second time that I made it my little 9 year old had his friend over and asked if he could stay for dinner. I served them up and was in the other room and heard them talking. My little boy’s friend took a bite and said, Did your mom make this?! And he said yeah, she is The Recipe Critic. Then his friend said, she should give the recipe to my mom! I won my husband over with my cooking and now my little boys friends… 🙂
Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 4 stars
Chicken Cordon Bleu Roll Ups
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups chicken shredded
- 1/2 cup bacon pieces
- 1/2 cup ham chopped
- 2 cups swiss cheese shredded
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a medium saucepan whisk together over medium heat cream of chicken soup, cream cheese, chicken broth, and heavy cream. Whisk together until cream cheese block has melted and turn heat to low.
- Spray an 8x8 pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with ½ cup of the sauce.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions until al dente. Drain and rinse the noodles with cold water and lay them on a paper towel to remove excess water.
- Spread 2 Tbs of the creamy chicken sauce over each noodle. Sprinkle bacon and ham on top. Take 1/9th of the shredded chicken and spread evenly over each noodle and top with about 3 Tbs shredded cheese. Carefully roll up each lasagne noodle and place seam side down in your 9x9 prepared pan.
- Once they are all in the pan, pour the remaining sauce over the top and top with cheese. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes until heated through and cheese is bubbly.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
My husband made these last night and they were amazing!! We will definitely be making these again!
Forgot to put in 15 Y/O
Thank you for a great idea , my 15 ( loves to try new food when it comes to chic) and I will try it , she’s a future chef … Lol
Sorry typo. I have fixed that!
Absolutely LOVE Chicken Cordon Bleu! What a fun twist!
Step one calls for Alfredo sauce, but it’s not in the ingredient list. I’m guessing that step should come after you’ve cooked the sauce in step three? This sounds delicious, I may make it with no boil noodles and leave it unrolled, like lasagna. Thanks for the great idea!
I made it as a lasagna with boil and no boil noodles and it was AWESOME!! (I have made it twice this week already.) I made a layer of chicken, a layer of ham and bacon, a layer of cheese, then the sauce. I added salt, pepper, and onion powder to the white sauce. This was easy to make and was a hit with the family.
Haha that story is so cute! I am dying to try out some of your recipes, I actually will probably make the pesto chicken tonight! I am also wondering do you end up trashing a lot of food when you experiment? Since it might not turn out so great? Or is everything you make great, and you just post the PERFECT ones? <3
This recipe looks fantastic! What a great idea!
I’ll be giving this one a try!
Alyssa, we are definitely on the same page with chicken cordon bleu…I did one this week in an enchilada form. It’s fun trying new versions of classics! You nailed this one…yum! Pinning!
Very creative idea, definitely going to give these a try 🙂
Happy Valley Chow
Yummy! I love chicken cordon bleu, but have never thought about rolling it up in lasagna noodles. This sounds amazing!
Oh my goodness these look amazing! Pinned them!