Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Peppers are loaded with brown rice, enchilada sauce, chicken, corn and black beans! Serve these peppers with my Healthy Greek Yogurt Guacamole or my Homemade Pico De Gallo!
Hi guys! It’s Kelley back from Chef Savvy! Today I am sharing these amazing Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Peppers! These stuffed peppers are loaded with chicken, black beans, corn, enchilada sauce and cilantro. Cumin and chili powder give the filling a little kick.
This is an easy and healthy meal! Everything is ready in under an hour.
Feel free to substitute quinoa or white rice for the brown rice. You can even make it vegetarian and omit the meat.
To serve these peppers top with sour cream and fresh cilantro. I like to serve mine with a sprinkle of cheese, enchilada sauce, sour cream and of course hot sauce on top!
Note: This recipe makes alot of peppers (about 10 halves) I like to make the full recipe to have lots of leftovers and easy lunches throughout the week. Enjoy!
Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Peppers
- 5 large bell peppers (I used a mix of green and red pepper)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 pound chicken breasts or thighs cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups cooked rice you can use either brown or white rice
- 1 cup frozen corn no need to thaw
- 1 14.5 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1 ounce can enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9 x 13 pans with cooking spray.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add in chicken and sauté for 5-6 minute or until fully cooked. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- To the same pan add the remaining tablespoon of oil along with the onions. Sauté for 3-4 minutes or until the onions are tender.
- Add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the cooked rice, corn, black beans, enchilada sauce, cumin, both chili powders and lime juice. Add back in the cooked chicken.
- Mix until combined and heated through.
- Arrange pepper halves on the prepared baking pans. Stuff about ½ cup of the chicken and rice mixture into each pepper half.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
- Serve immediately with cilantro for garnish and diced peppers for color (I used the tops of the peppers).
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
These enchilada stuffed peppers were totally awesome would definitely make them again my family love them as well