This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Remember the other day when I said that it was really rainy and the summer was pretty mild here in North Carolina? Well the storms are gone and the heat and humidity are in full swing. My hair and the humidity do not mix here and it is a hot mess! But on the flip side, I am able to BBQ again. And these Chipotle Chicken Kabobs turned out amazing!
The chipotle spice gave this the right amount of kick and awesome flavor. Then dipped in the Avocado cream sauce was so amazing. I love fresh avocados so this cream sauce was perfect! Just another grilling hit to add to the list! 🙂
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Chipotle Chicken Kabobs with Avocado Cream Sauce
- 2 lbs chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 chipotle in adobe sauce seeded and minced
- minced fresh cilantro for serving
- 1 avocado split and pitted
- 1/2 cup lowfat greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together vegetable oil, salt, chili powder, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, minced garlic, brown sugar, and chipotle pepper.
- In a gallon sized bag combine marinade and chicken and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- Once ready to grill, thread the chicken on skewers. Place them on the grill turning once or twice until sides are cooked and insides are no longer pink. Place on a plate and sprinkle with fresh cilantro if desired.
- In a food processor combine avocado, greek yogurt, garlic, lime juice and cilantro. Pulse until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with chicken.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.