All of the things that you love about a chocolate covered cherry in a delicious cookie! A chocolate cherry coconut cookie filled with vanilla frosting topped with a cherry and drizzled in chocolate!
I love all of the fun baking that comes with the holidays. Cookie exchanges are so fun! I love having a good variety on the plate for my neighbors and I am always looking for fun new cookie ideas.
When I saw these cookies I knew that I had to make them. They reminded me of my sister. She loves those Big Cherry treats that you find at the gas station. Every time we would pass the gas station she would have to buy one. Have you heard of them? I didn’t know that they existed until my sister introduced me to her obsession. They are a big chocolate covered cherry dessert. And they are chocolate covered cherry heaven.
These cookies are all of the things that you love about a chocolate covered cherry in a cute little cookie. The chocolate cherry coconut cookie with vanilla frosting topped with a cherry. Then, you drizzle them in some chocolate and they make one delicious cookie.
I had to sample one for myself before they went out the door to neighbors. They were a fun new cookie with so many delicious flavors. They are perfect to make this holiday season and I know that your family will love them too!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- ⅓ cup maraschino cherry juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- ¾ cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- ½ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup vanilla frosting
- 48 maraschino cherries with stems, drained and patted dry
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp shortening
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until blended. Gradually beat in cherry juice and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and cocoa. Slowly beat into the creamed mixture. Stir in coconut, cherries and chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into 48 balls, about 1¼ inch. Place 2 inches apart and press a deep indentation with the end of a wooden handle. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until set and the bottoms are lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Fill each cookie with ¾ teaspoon vanilla frosting. Top with the cherries. To make the chocolate drizzle, melt chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave safe bowl. Melt 30 seconds at a time and stir until smooth. Drizzle over the cookies.
How would you like to win $500 for the holidays? I have gotten together with some awesome blogs to bring you this fun giveaway this holiday season!
All you have to do is enter using the rafflecopter below! Good Luck and Happy Holidays!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
A Dash of Sanity // A Kitchen Addiction // Celebrating Sweets // Clarks Condensed // Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt // Cupcake Diaries // Fake Ginger // Food Folks and Fun // I am Honey Bee // Life Made Sweeter // Like Mother Like Daughter // Live Well Bake Often // Lolly Jane // One Sweet Appetite // Somewhat Simple // Spoonful of Flavor // Sugar and Soul // The Recipe Critic // With Salt and Wit // Yellow Bliss Road