Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars with Strawberries are a soft and chewy homemade chocolate chip bar covered with a smooth and creamy cheesecake and topped with fresh strawberries!
Hi, it’s Jenn, from Eat Cake For Dinner. How are you? Sometimes you just know you will absolutely love a recipe before you even taste it? I knew it the second my friend told me about these amazing Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars that her sister makes.
They are a soft and chewy, homemade, chocolate chip cookie bar covered with a smooth and creamy cheesecake mixture and topped with fresh strawberries.
They are so so so good.
I used to always be a milk chocolate girl, but lately, I have been liking semi-sweet chocolate. I added semi-sweet chocolate chips in the cookie base of this recipe and let me tell you . . . the rich chocolate mixed with the buttery cookie bar, silky smooth topping and sweet strawberries is the perfect contrast of flavors and textures.
This is such a delicious dessert that is perfect for Summer when strawberries are in season.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars with Strawberries
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 c. 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. light brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 12 oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips (around 2 cups)
- 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 8 oz. carton Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 16 oz. carton strawberries, stems removed and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a large 12''x17'' jelly-roll pan (or similar size); set aside. For the Cookie Base: Combine flour, soda, salt and cornstarch; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream together softened butter, sugar and brown sugar. Mix in the vanilla and then the eggs, one at a time. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips. Press cookie dough evenly into prepared pan. You might not think there is enough dough to fill the entire pan, but there is. Bake in preheated oven for 17 minutes. Do not over bake. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- For the Cheesecake Layer: Combine cream cheese and sour cream and mix, using a hand mixer, until combined. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix together until smooth and creamy. Fold in the Cool Whip. Spread over cooled cookie bars. Top with chopped strawberries. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve (remove from fridge 15 minutes before serving). Slice and serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.