I told you a couple of weeks ago that things have been pretty busy around here. Well they are still busy. And I am coming to terms with the fact that life will always be busy. So I absolutely love when I find a fantastic meal that is ready within 30 minutes or less. And let me tell you. This is one of the best chicken recipes that we have had! Don’t let the cider make you think it is too sweet either. The dijon gives it the perfect balance creating an amazing glaze!The flavor of this chicken was out of this world. It is light but still packed with flavor. And the chicken was cooked to tender and juicy perfection. This is a high quality meal with minimal ingredients that tastes fantastic! I had it ready in about 20 minutes. And do you want to hear another short cut that I take when I am trying to get ready for dinner in a hurry? Uncle Ben’s rice pouches that are ready in the microwave in 90 seconds. And then I cook some steam fresh veggies in the microwave. Bringing my family an amazing restaurant quality meal in under 30 minutes. The flavorful cider glaze over the chicken, chicken that is tender and packed with flavor, and served with some quick and easy sides. This will be a meal that we make again and again at our house!
Cider Glazed Chicken
- 1 pound chicken breasts- about 4
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper I like to use Lawry's seasoned pepper
- 1/2 cup refrigerated apple cider
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In a large and heavy skillet melt 1 T of butter over medium high heat. Sprinkle each side of the chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the pan and cook 3-5 minutes on each side until completely cooked throughout and no longer pink.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Add cider and dijon mustard to pan. Cook about 2-3 minutes until it turns into a syrup.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and coat each side well in the cider glaze. Add the chopped pecans on the top and serve. Garnish with freshly chopped flat leaf parsley.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.