These Cilantro Lime Shrimp Lettuce Wraps are fresh, flavorful and super easy to make! They make the perfect handheld appetizers or a light and healthy low-carb lunch or dinner!
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
Hey everyone! Kelly back again from Life Made Sweeter to share one of my favorite recipes for spring!
These Cilantro Lime Lettuce Wraps are fresh, flavorful and super simple to make! The best part? They come together in less than 30 minutes so they’re perfect for busy weeknights.
Plus the buttery lettuce leaves makes these a delicious low-carb option when you’re looking for a quick and healthy dinner.
HOW DO YOU MAKE THESE CILANTRO LIME SHRIMP LETTUCE WRAPS
You start by combining the paprika, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper together. Sprinkle half of the seasoning, lime juice and cilantro over the shrimp and toss until combined. Saute in a medium-sized skillet until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Add the onions and peppers to the pan and toss with the remaining seasonings. Cook until tender then add shrimp back to the pan.
Squeeze in remaining lime juice and chopped cilantro. Toss well and divide into lettuce wraps.
CAN I USE ANOTHER LETTUCE FOR THESE WRAPS?
Of course! I love using butter lettuce but romaine, or even collard greens would be delicious as well. Or you can even serve the cilantro lime shrimp filling over some cauliflower rice or zoodles.
These Cilantro Lime Shrimp Lettuce Wraps would make the perfect light lunch, dinner or even appetizers for your next party.
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil, divided
- ¾ - 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ medium onion, sliced thinly
- 1½ - 2 medium bell peppers (I used a combo of red, yellow and green), cored, deseeded and sliced thinly
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves washed and dried
- sliced avocado and lime wedges, for serving
- Combine the paprika, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour half of the seasoning, ½ tablespoon lime juice and 1 tablespoon cilantro over shrimp. Toss to coat.
- In a medium skillet, heat half tablespoon of butter over medium high heat. Add shrimp and cook until golden and opaque, about 2 – 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Melt the remaining half tablespoon butter in same skillet. Add the sliced onions and cook for a minute, until fragrant. Add the bell peppers and remaining seasonings and cook for another 2 minutes or until desired tenderness. Return cooked shrimp back to the pan and add remaining lime juice and chopped cilantro. Toss to coat and remove from heat.
- Assemble lettuce wraps by placing a spoonful of shrimp/vegetable filling into the center of each leaf. Top with avocado or your favorite toppings.
More recipes you may like: