Hey everyone! Chelsea back from Chelsea’s Messy Apron. I LOVE simple breakfasts and this is just that. Actually it’s really more of a dessert, but anytime I can pass off dessert for breakfast, I’ll take it! 🙂
It’s like a smaller batch version of cinnamon pull-parts. You make this in a 8 x 4 inch loaf pan and it’s the perfect amount for a smaller family OR a less healthy part of a larger healthier breakfast — so you can still have something nutritious and a slice of this bake. It’s like the best of both worlds! 🙂
With the holidays coming and the need to entertain (or just create fun memories) this is a great recipe to have! It’s simple, quick, and super tasty. Enjoy!!
- 1 (12 ounces) can Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- ½ cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 and ½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ - 1 tsp. vanilla extract, depending on taste preference
- 2-3 tbsp. milk or heavy cream
- Syrup, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan (do not use dark-coated pan).
- In a bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon awns stir.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits; cut each into quarters. Dip each quarter into melted butter and then into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place the biscuits in the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 19 to 27 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and then invert to remove from pan.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting by beating together the powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla extract. Slowly add in the milk or heavy cream until desired consistency is reached.
- Spread the frosting over the cake and cut into slices to serve.
- Top with syrup if desired.
Inspired by Pillsbury
More delicious desserts from Chelsea’s Messy Apron: