Hi! Jenn back from Deliciously Sprinkled with a delicious cake recipe, just in time for the upcoming holidays! This Cinnamon-Sugar Cake has been at our families Thanksgiving & Christmas dinner table ever since I was a little girl. It’s everyone’s favorite cake and my grandma only makes it during the holiday season.
So when I wanted to make this Cinnamon-Sugar Cake for my husband’s birthday, my grandma shared her recipe with me and I’m excited to share this famous cake recipe with all of you today, your welcome! 🙂
This cake is light and fluffy, and the cinnamon buttercream frosting packs a big hit of cinnamon flavor without being too overwhelming. If you love a classic snickerdoodle cookie this cake is for you, enjoy!
More delicious cinnamon-sugar recipes from Deliciously Sprinkled:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
CINNAMON BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 1 2 sticks cup unsalted butter, softened
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 Tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon-sugar sprinkle on top of cake
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray two 9-on. round baking pans with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer on medium speed, beat eggs and sugar for about 2 minutes, or until light and creamy. Add the butter and vanilla extract and beat on low speed for about 1 minute, or until well blended. Beat in the dry ingredients on low speed until blended. DO NOT OVER MIX! Add the sour cream and beat until smooth.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared baking pans. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow cake to cool before frosting.
MAKE THE FROSTING:
- Mix softened butter on medium speed with an electric or stand mixer. Beat for 30 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Add powdered sugar, milk, ground cinnamon and vanilla extract. Increase to high speed and beat for 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Spread the frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.