A delicious and moist cake bursting with fresh blueberries and a coconut topping. The warm lemon sauce on top is the perfect finishing touch!
I have made a lot of cakes in my day. But this one became an instant favorite.
A warm and moist cake bursting with fresh blueberries and topped with coconut. The combination in this cake is incredible! But lets be honest. My favorite part was the warm lemon sauce on top! Perfection!
I am not even sure how to describe this cake and how delicious it was. It was like a giant blueberry muffin baked into a pan and topped with coconut. My favorite part about this cake, it that the coconut gets nice and toasty on the top while baking. I love coconut incorporated into recipes!
It took a matter of about 5 minutes to mix together this cake. It was so easy and baking in the oven before I knew it!
This cake baked beautifully and was so moist and perfect. We could hardly wait for it to cool before cutting into this delicious cake. The warm lemon sauce on top was the perfect finishing touch! The flavor combinations in this cake are all so unique but complemented each other perfectly. You are going to love it!
Recipe from Taste of Home
Coconut Blueberry Cake with a Lemon Sauce
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen, no need to thaw if using frozen
- 1 cup coconut flaked
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel grated
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, beat together the eggs, milk and oil. Stir into the dry ingredients until incorporated. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spread the batter evenly into the 9x13 inch pan and bake for 18-22 minutes. Or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
To make the Lemon Sauce:
- In a medium sized saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch, and lemon peel. Slowly add the water and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Remove from the heat and add the butter and lemon juice. Cut the cake into squares and drizzle with lemon sauce.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.