This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
I did a guest post over at Mandy’s Recipe Box a few weeks ago. I had to share some muddy buddies over there. I have quite a few different variations, and my obsession is no secret. Even when I am trying to watch what I eat, I had to try a ‘skinny’ version so that I could still get my fix. Every time I try a different spin on Muddy Buddies, I think that they are the best that I have made.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Cookies and cream muddy buddies
- 5 ounces white chocolate chips
- 5 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 5 cups Chex Cereal
- 1 tsp shortening
- Oreo cookies 8 for crushing and some for putting pieces throughout
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Divide the chex cereal into two bowl. 2 1/2 cups in each.
- In a food processor crush 8 oreos until fine. You can also crush in a gallon size bag with rolling pin.
- In two gallon size bags, add 1/2 cup powdered sugar into each bag with 1/2 of the crushed oreos into each bag. (It was about 1/2 cup of crushed oreos.) Set aside.
- Melt the white chocolate and milk chocolate in separate microwave safe bowls. Melt 30 seconds at a time with 1/2 tsp shortening in each stirring after each 30 seconds until melted.
- Once melted, stir in the chocolate into the separate bowls with Chex cereal until the Chex are coated well with the chocolate.
- Add the white chocolate and milk chocolate separately to the gallon sized bags with powdered sugar and crushed oreos and shake until they are coated. Then add some extra crushed pieces to the mixture at the end. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.