Creamy Cajun Sausage Linguine is a creamy 30 minute pasta recipe that’s going to become a family favourite! Not too heavy on the cheese but still super creamy!
Hey there! It’s Richa from My Food Story and this creamy cajun sausage linguine is on our dinner rotation every single week. Because the weathers turning, and we love ourselves a bowl of warm, creamy pasta to make us feel cozy.
I love everything cajun and its lately my new favourite flavour because you can never go wrong with it. It’s spicy without being super hot and hits all the right notes. I love that this creamy cajun sausage pasta is such an easy recipe – it takes all of 30 minutes, and is super creamy without a truckload of cheese (not that I mind more cheese), and makes a super hearty meal.
We love all kinds of noodles at our place which is why the linguine. But you can use any pasta you want. The bell peppers and sausages work fantastically with the cajun spice so don’t skip the two if you can help it, but this recipe is so easy that anything goes. You can add mushrooms or broccoli or any of your favourite veggies. The kids won’t complain about the veggies – trust me, because there is enough sausage to keep them happy. And really, who doesn’t like creamy pasta?
I really like to brown the sausages so that they are slightly crispy around the edges. The bell peppers are barely sauteed because we like them crunchy, and then everything gets tossed in the pasta sauce with some cream cheese. Now isn’t that a happy combination? Definitely comfort food!
Also some grated parmesan on top really sounds off the flavours on this creamy cajun sausage linguine! If you are a pasta lover like me, this is going to become a sure shot favourite!
- ¾ pound Linguine
- 3 tablespoons Butter, divided
- ½ pound Sausages, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1½ tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Cajun Spice Mix
- 1 teaspoon Organo
- 2 cups Milk
- ½ cup Cream Cheese
- 1 cup sliced Bell Peppers
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Parsley and grated parmesan for topping
- Cook linguine according to package instructions in salted water till al dente. Strain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet and add sliced sausages. Cook on medium heat till light brown on both sides. Transfer them to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan along with garlic. Saute the garlic for a minute or two till fragrant and add all purpose flour. Cook the flour for 1-2 minutes and add cajun spice and oregano. Mix well and then slowly add milk while continuously mixing to make sure there are no lumps. Simmer the sauce till it starts thickening up.
- Add cream cheese and bell peppers and simmer for another 3-4 minutes till the cream cheese is combined and the bell peppers are slightly tender, but still crispy. Check for seasoning and add more salt if necessary.
- Add back the sausages and cooked linguine and toss everything in the sauce. Top with chopped parsley and grated parmesan if using. Serve immediately!