Creamy Mediterranean Chicken is a quick and easy comforting dish. It’s full of tender chicken, artichokes, kalamata olives, and sun dried tomatoes all robed in a delicious creamy sauce.
Hey guys! I’m Melanie from Garnish & Glaze and I’m so psyched to join Alyssa’s team and share a recipe with you each month. Get ready for some yummy and easy recipes from dangerously delicious desserts to scrumptious suppers like this Creamy Mediterranean Chicken.
I’m obsessed with Greek & Mediterranean flavors. Give me anything from Gyros with Tzatziki to Greek Panzanella and I’m a happy girl. I just love the strong flavors of kalamata olives, artichokes, and sun dried tomatoes. This chicken has it all plus a delicious creamy sauce that brings it all together.
Besides tasting delicious, this meal is also awesome because it comes together in less than 25 minutes. Perfect for those busy weeknights with school back in session. And you just need one skillet, making dish duty a little less daunting.
You can serve this Creamy Mediterranean Chicken with rice or pasta. Since the chicken doesn’t take too long to make you’ll want to start things out by getting your pot of water on the stove to start boiling and cook the noodles while you’re making the chicken and sauce.
I wasn’t lying when I said this chicken is a cinch. Just heat up a little oil in a skillet and cook the seasoned chicken on both sides until cooked through. Then you take it out of the pan and spend the next 5 minutes making the creamy sauce consisting of half-and-half cream, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and kalamata olives. Once the cream thickens you toss the chicken back in, sprinkle on some basil and feta and serve with your pasta (or rice). So beautiful and packed with flavor. Enjoy!
Creamy Mediterranean Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts pound to ½ inch thick
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can marinated artichoke hearts drained
- 1/4 cup julienne cut sun dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives pitted
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil sliced
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and then place in the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes until browned and then flip. Cook another 3-4 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add the cream, artichoke, sun dried tomatoes, and olives. Bring to a low boil and cook while stirring until slightly thickened. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and then add the chicken back to the pan. Turn off the heat and garnish with feta and basil. Serve immediately with pasta or rice.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.