I had a fabulous weekend attending a snap conference with some of my favorite blog friends. We had so much fun attending classes and staying up late sharing ideas with each other. I learned a lot this weekend and I hope that I can continue to grow as a blogger! I had such a busy weekend and Mondays are always a struggle for me. I like to be able to make something quick and easy. This turned out fantastic and my 9 year old said that it was one of the best things that I have made. I loved how the Ritz crackers gave it a delicious crunch and the cream sauce on top was amazing. This is definitely a meal that will please the family and everyone will love.
Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 2 stars
Review: I loved how easy and delicious this was and it was probably one of the best things that we had. I was going to add ¼ cheddar cheese to the sauce but I forgot. I may try to do that next time because we will be making this again and again!
Crispy Cheddar Chicken
Crispy Cheddar Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts large
- 2 sleeves Ritz Crackers
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/8 t pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 1 t dried parsley
- 1 can cream of chicken soup 10 oz.
- 2 T sour cream
- 2 T butter
- Cut each chicken breast into 3 large chunks. Set aside. In a food processor (or I put mine in a big ziplock bag and used a rolling pin), grind up the ritz crackers.
- In 3 small pans, divide the milk, cheese, and cracker crumbs into each pan. Add the salt and pepper to the Ritz cracker crumbs.
- Dip chicken first in the milk pan, then roll in the cheese, pressing cheese into the chicken breast, and lastly roll the chicken into the cracker crumbs.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and place the chicken into the pan. Lastly sprinkle the top of the coated chicken with the dried parsley.
- Cover the pan with tin foil and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, in a medium saucepan, whisk together the cream of chicken soup, butter and sour cream until heated through.
- Once chicken is done, serve the cream sauce over the chicken.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
How many servings to the recipe? Thank you.
tried this last night and it was so perfectly delicious but it wasn’t crispy! Kinda soggy! Any suggestions on getting it crispy? I followed the directions to a t and I’m a pretty good cook so I don’t think it was anything I did lol
Is there a trick to keeping the cheese on the chicken pieces.
We are just now making this. I read elsewhere that if you put an egg in with the milk it helps it all stick together, and you should mix the cheese and the Ritz together instead of dipping them separately.
I guess we will find out how that works shortly!
Great recipe! I am heading out the door to go grocery shopping and I am going to pick up the ingredients to try this!
This looks fantastic Alyssa! YUM!
This looks amazing, girl! And I have a box of Ritz crackers just sitting in my pantry waiting to be used!
That looks incredible
Your photos make everything you make look irresistible! I would like to try to make this without canned soup. Any suggestions on what to substitute?
Snap looked like so much fun!!! I need this chicken for dinner. 🙂
Yum! That sauce really does look amazing!
This looks so delicious!!! I’m so going to make this! Thanks darlin!
This recipe always look so appetizing!! All the cheese sounds amazing 🙂
This sounds delicious and super easy to make! I will definitely be giving this recipe a try asap!
I just found your site yesterday and I love it! We tried the Ranch chicken enchiladas last night and they were a hit! We will definitly be trying more of these recipies! thank-you for doing what you do! 🙂