Do you ever feel proud after you make a meal? I felt proud after I made this! Everything about it turned out incredible! And I was able to create the cream sauce and it turned out perfect. Usually when I make a sauce, it is a little runny and I have to thicken it up. But this was the perfect consistency and all of the flavors in it were amazing. I served it with a side of fresh asparagus and it was perfection. This turned out to be such a great meal and I was even able to get my picky eater to eat 3 bites! That is huge progress! 🙂
Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 3 stars
Review: We absolutely loved this!
Crispy Chicken with Creamy Italian Sauce
- 3 Chicken Breasts large
- 4 cups corn flakes
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 T olive oil
- 1 package bowtie pasta noodles 12 oz.
Creamy Italian Sauce
- 1 container Chive and Onion Cream Cheese 8 oz.
- 1 package dry Italian Seasoning mix
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- In a food processor grind the cornflakes into crumbs. You can also place the cornflakes in a gallon sized bag and use a rolling pin to crush them. Place them in a pan (I used a loaf pan) and set aside.
- Mix the flour and the salt together and place in a separate pan. Then lastly put the milk into another separate pan and set them aside.
- Pound the chicken to flatten them to about ½ inch thickness. Then cut the chicken in half, creating 6 smaller flattened pieces of chicken.
- Dip the chicken in the flour and coat well. Place them on a plate and place the floured chicken in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- While the chicken are in the freezer, in a large saucepan, heat up the 6 T of oil in the saucepan over medium high heat.
- Take the chicken out of the freezer, drudge them in the milk and then coat them in the crushed corn flakes. Carefully put them into the sauce pan and cook them until each side is golden brown being careful not to burn the sides. It took mine about 5 minutes on each side.
- Cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 10 more minutes making sure they are cooked through and no longer heat. Remove the chicken from the pan and cover with foil while you prepare your sauce.
- In the same saucepan, whisk together the chicken broth, cream cheese, cream of chicken soup, italian seasoning package, and heavy cream. This should only take a few minutes to heat through so that it is warm and bubbly.
- Serve the sauce over bowtie pasta and cut the chicken into strips and serve them over the top! Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Made this tonight and it was awesome! The chicken was especially good, the crunch was amazing. Next time I think I’ll add some Italian seasoning and garlic powder with the flour before coating the chicken to give it a little extra kick. Will definitely be making this again!
Cornflakes! Love- what a great ingredient for crispy chicken. The sauce sounds so tasty and easy- perfect for weeknight dinners!
This looks so amazing! Yummy! 🙂 I pinned it!