Hey everyone!! It’s Chelsea again from Chelsea’s Messy Apron. And the goal with this post was to bring you one of the EASIEST comfort breakfast dishes ever! Seriously, this breakfast can be prepped and ready to go in under 10 minutes, but it tastes like a meal you’ve slaved over. Who doesn’t like those results?!
These cinnamon-sugar coated waffles taste just like a delicious and warm churro and one I guarantee your kids will go crazy over! My family loves it so much that we usually will eat this for a dessert once a week. The reason it’s so quick is because I use a waffle mix so the waffle part is done in about 2 minutes. If you wanted to add your own homemade component to these waffles, you can use your favorite waffle recipe. These won’t be done as quickly if you go the homemade route, but if time isn’t an issue than no problem!
I hope you love these waffles!
Here are some more fun treats from Chelsea’s Messy Apron:
Easy, no-rise, 30-minute cinnamon roll cake
Healthy and Flourless Almond Apple Muffins
You can also connect with Chelsea’s Messy Apron here!
Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Pinterest | Twitter
Easy Churro Waffles
- 2-1/2 cups buttermilk pancake mix
- 1-1/4 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Whipped cream and strawberries optional
- Maple syrup optional
- Preheat your waffle iron, and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the pancake mix, water and oil. Stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into the preheated waffle iron, and follow the waffle iron's instructions to make 4 full-size waffles.
- Meanwhile, in one bowl melt the butter, and in another bowl combine the white sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut each waffle into the 4 segments created by the waffle iron.
- Dip each segment into the butter. Shake off the excess, and then dip both sides of the buttered waffle into the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Shake off the excess.
- Garnish with whipped cream and strawberries and syrup, if desired.
- Enjoy immediately.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Churros and waffles, two of my sons’ favorites. They would love these!