Hey everyone!! It’s Chelsea again from Chelsea’s Messy Apron. And the goal with this post was to bring you one of the EASIEST comfort breakfast dishes ever! Seriously, this breakfast can be prepped and ready to go in under 10 minutes, but it tastes like a meal you’ve slaved over. Who doesn’t like those results?!
These cinnamon-sugar coated waffles taste just like a delicious and warm churro and one I guarantee your kids will go crazy over! My family loves it so much that we usually will eat this for a dessert once a week. The reason it’s so quick is because I use a waffle mix so the waffle part is done in about 2 minutes. If you wanted to add your own homemade component to these waffles, you can use your favorite waffle recipe. These won’t be done as quickly if you go the homemade route, but if time isn’t an issue than no problem!
I hope you love these waffles!
Here are some more fun treats from Chelsea’s Messy Apron:
You can also connect with Chelsea’s Messy Apron here!
Easy Churro Waffles
These waffles are made simple by using a mix. They are coated in loads of cinnamon-sugar and ready to eat in minutes. These churro waffles make the perfect last-minute breakfast and are sure to be a hit.
- 2-1/2 cups buttermilk pancake mix
- 1-1/4 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Whipped cream and strawberries optional
- Maple syrup optional
- Preheat your waffle iron, and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the pancake mix, water and oil. Stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into the preheated waffle iron, and follow the waffle iron's instructions to make 4 full-size waffles.
- Meanwhile, in one bowl melt the butter, and in another bowl combine the white sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut each waffle into the 4 segments created by the waffle iron.
- Dip each segment into the butter. Shake off the excess, and then dip both sides of the buttered waffle into the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Shake off the excess.
- Garnish with whipped cream and strawberries and syrup, if desired.
- Enjoy immediately.