Glazed Eggnog Pound Cake is an easy to make tender and soft pound cake. It gets drizzled with a luscious glaze and is perfect for the holidays!
One of my favorite things about the holidays is a cold glass of eggnog. My dad growing up was the one that loved eggnog and we always had it in our fridge and looked forward to it every year. We would even leave a glass of eggnog out for Santa. I would taste it, but I really didn’t develop a love for it until I was an adult. Now eggnog is apart of the Christmas season at our house. It is delicious to drink, but in my opinion, even better when you use it to bake with!
This pound cake comes together easily and McCormick’s Rum Extract is a key ingredient. It is made with real rum and premium ingredients and is thick and creamy. It brings a rich and delicious flavor to this eggnog pound cake.
How do you make pound cake from scratch?
This rum extract makes it debut twice in the recipe. You start by using it in the pound cake. The pound cake comes together easily. You mix your dry ingredients and you add the extract to your wet ingredients. Pour it into your loaf pan and it is ready for the oven!
The glaze just might be my favorite part of this recipe. I love pound cake that is perfectly moist that has a sweet glaze drizzled on top. The glaze also has eggnog and rum extract included and the flavor is incredible. It is the perfect finishing touch to this pound cake.
You won’t be able to get enough of this pound cake and it is perfect for the holidays. I can’t wait to see what you are making at your house for the holidays!
Contribute a signature dish found at your dinner table and share it on social with the hashtag #noflavorlikehome. I can’t wait to see the recipes at your dinner table this year. There really is no flavor like home! See terms and conditions here.
Eggnog Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Rum Imitation Extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons FULL FAT eggnog
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Imitation Rum Extract
- 2-3 tablespoons FULL FAT eggnog
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the room temperature butter until smooth. Add the sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and creamy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in vanilla and rum extracts.
- Alternating between the flour mixture and eggnog (starting and ending with the flour) add in both. Mix until smooth being careful to not over-beat the mixture (will result in a dense cake).
- Spoon batter into a well greased and lightly floured 9-inch loaf pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center, comes out clean. Let cake rest in pan for 15 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack and then cool it completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and rum extract, adding egg nog until desired consistency has been reached. Spoon over cooled cake. Let glaze set up for a few minutes before cutting into the cake.
- Cake best enjoyed within 2-3 days. Store the cake in an airtight container in the fridge.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
This post was sponsored by McCormick®. I love working with brands that I am passionate about and use in the kitchen for myself. All opinions expressed are my own.