Frosted Carrot Cake Cookies that taste just like traditional carrot cake but in an easy-to-make cookie form. And it wouldn’t be carrot cake without a generous amount of delicious cream cheese frosting.
Hi everyone, it’s Jenn from Deliciously Sprinkled! Today, I’m sharing with you one of my all-time favorite desserts, Frosted Carrot Cake Cookies. These cookies are soft and chewy with all the flavors you love from a traditional carrot cake, like crushed pineapple, raisins, and walnuts. And it wouldn’t be carrot cake without a generous amount of cream cheese frosting.
I love to make these Frosted Carrot Cake Cookies all year round but especially for my families Easter brunch. They are so much easier to make than a traditional carrot cake and I know some of my family members like them plain and other’s like them with cream cheese frosting which makes these cookies the perfect Easter dessert that always makes everyone happy.
I hope you all have a very Happy Easter. Enjoy!
Frosted Carrot Cake Cookies
Frosted Carrot Cake Cookies that taste just like traditional carrot cake but in an easy-to-make cookie form. And it wouldn't be carrot cake without a generous amount of delicious cream cheese frosting.
CARROT CAKE COOKIES:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can 8 oz. crushed pineapple, drained
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 5 oz. cream cheese softened
- 6 Tablespoons butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and ground cinnamon in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract until combined. Add eggs one at a time, mixing between each egg.
- Stir in the crushed pineapple, carrots and raisins. Stir in dry ingredients. Mix in walnuts if desired.
- Using a cookie scoop/ice cream scooper, scoop dough into balls about 2 Tablespoons each and place onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bottoms being to brown. Allow cookies cook before frosting.
Make Cream Cheese Frosting:
Mix softened butter and cream cheese on medium speed with an electric or stand mixer. Beat for 30 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Increase to high-speed and beat for 3 minutes. Frost cookies.