This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
These Frosted Turtle Brownies are thick and fudgy topped with milk chocolate frosting, caramel sauce and chopped pecans.
Hi everyone! It’s Jenn from Deliciously Sprinkled back with a delicious Frosted Turtle Brownies recipe. I didn’t think brownies could get any better until I topped them with homemade milk chocolate buttercream frosting, drizzled with caramel and sprinkled with chopped pecans. Seriously, these brownies are AMAZING!
These brownies are super simple to make because I used my two favorite boxed brownie mixes, that’s my trick for homemade tasting brownies without all the work. And with the holiday season kicking off next week with Thanksgiving, I’m all about quick and easy desserts that taste and look like you have spent hours in the kitchen.
So if you’re looking for an easy and delicious dessert to bring to Thanksgiving or an upcoming holiday party, these Frosted Turtle Brownies are sure to be a huge hit.
I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Frosted Turtle Brownies
- 1 19 oz. milk chocolate brownie mix
- 1 19 oz. triple fudge brownie mix (I used Ghirardelli Triple Fudge)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (4.4 ounce) extra large Hershey's Milk Chocolate candy bar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 12 soft caramels
- 1 Tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- Preheat over to 325F degrees. Line 9x13 inch cake pan with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer, mix both brownie mixes, water, oil, and eggs until combined. Pour brownie mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let brownies cool before frosting.
- MAKE FROSTING: Place milk chocolate candy bar into small bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds intervals, stirring after each interval until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Set aside and allow to cool. Using an electric or stand mixer, cream together butter and powdered sugar together until light and fluffy, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Add heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract, and mix until combined. Fold in milk chocolate until fully incorporated into the frosting.
- Frost cooled brownies and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Place brownies in the fridge for about an 1 hour.
- In microwave, melt the caramels with heavy whipping cream; stir until smooth. Drizzle over brownies. Cut into squares.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.