Garden Campanelle Salad with Fresh Tomato Basil Dressing
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 Cup cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 Cup fresh basil
- 1/3 Cup EVOO
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- kosher salt
- 8 oz campanelle about 4 cups
- 1 small zucchini sliced into ribbons with a peeler
- 1 1/2 Cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 Cup mozzarella shredded or via bocconcini
- 1/4 Cup pine nuts toasted
- 1/2 Cup fresh basil leaves sliced if leaves are medium or larger
- freshly ground pepper
Make the dressing:
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil, add the garlic and cook 2 minutes (strange, but true). Remove the garlic with a fine mesh sieve and place in a mini food processor with the cherry tomatoes, vinegar and basil. Puree until smooth. Add in the olive oil and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Make the salad:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. In the last 2 minutes of the pasta boiling, add in the zucchini ribbons. After, drain zucchini and pasta in a colander, and rinse under cold water Shake of the excess, then transfer to a bowl and toss with the dressing.
- Add tomatoes, mozzarella, pine nuts and basil to salad. Toss, season with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.