Hey everyone! It’s Chelsea from Chelsea’s Messy Apron. I’ve got a fancy-sounding, but secretly SUPER simple dish. It’s a classy dressed-up pasta, but couldn’t be too much easier to make!
If you like goat cheese, you’ll love the simple flavor of this pasta. It’s flavor-packed and stuffed with good-for-you vegetables. The broccoli and red bell pepper are delicious with this pasta, but other vegetables can easily be substituted. You could also use a different kind of pasta – even an angel hair or fettuccine noodle would work with the other ingredients.
This would make a wonderful at-home Valentine’s dinner – classy and flavorful! Enjoy!
Here are some more easy dinner ideas from Chelsea’s Messy Apron:
Goat Cheese Pasta, Broccoli, and Pine Nuts
I’ve got a fancy-sounding, but secretly SUPER simple dish. It’s a classy dressed-up pasta, but couldn’t be too much easier to make!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper
- 12 ounces spiral pasta
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley optional
- Chop the broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Remove the top and seeds from the red pepper and slice into thin slices.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add in the broccoli and red pepper with the olive oil. Saute until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in salted water.
- Once the vegetables are tender, add in the chicken broth. Bring the broth to a boil and allow to boil until the mixture is reduced into half. Add in the butter and goat cheese.
- Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Drain the pasta and combine the cheesy vegetable mixture with the pasta.
- In another skillet, lightly toast the pine nuts by placing them in an even layer over medium heat stirring often until lightly browned.
- Add in the pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If desired top with some finely chopped parsley.