An easy, golden-oreo ice cream treat perfect for a hot summer day!
Hi everyone! It’s Chelsea from Chelsea’s Messy Apron to bring you the perfect summer dessert – golden oreo ice cream. I am literally obsessed with ice cream! I’m pretty sure I eat at least one scoop a day. I’ve decided it should be in its own food group…. 🙂
In fact, if you visit my blog, I’ve had quite the plethora of ice cream treats. And I don’t really plan on stopping until it’s snowing. Which, hopefully isn’t for a while.
Anyways, this ice cream is very simple to make. The base is a vanilla ice cream and I’ve just mixed in golden oreos, sprinkles, and some peanuts. The peanuts make for a fun addition, but if you don’t like them, or there are any allergies feel free to leave them out.
Also, if you put in the sprinkles earlier than called for in the recipe, they will bleed and dye the ice cream all sorts of weird colors. I recommend topping the ice cream right before serving with sprinkles to keep the ice cream looking nice and pretty.
Oh, and don’t forget the cherry on top!
Golden Oreo Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream no substitutes
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Golden Oreos chopped into large pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- Sprinkles to top with
- In a large bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, whole milk, white sugar, vanilla, and salt. Stir until all of the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream machine and freeze the ice cream according to the machine's instructions.
- When there is 2-3 minutes remaining, stir in the golden oreos and peanuts.
- Serve immediately topped with a handful of sprinkles or transfer to an airtight container in the freezer.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.