Fresh Spinach combined with olives, red onion, tomatoes, cucumber, and sprinkled with feta cheese. The pasta adds a delicious texture and is tossed with a red wine vinaigrette.
We have been loving the weather here in Utah this past week. Going on walks every day, wearing shorts, and even getting a little sun. The weather has been beautiful.
Until today. We woke up to snow. I cried a little inside when I looked out the window. And I am not talking about a little snow. We had inches of snow and the snow plows even had to come out! It has been snowing all day long and the tulips are covered. *sigh* Gotta love Utah weather. But at least is is supposed to warm up by the end of the week and we can hopefully enjoy the spring weather here again soon!
As you already know by now I love a great salad. A salad full of flavor, color, and texture. This salad was all that and more! It was absolutely gorgeous once I put it together. And honestly. Will be one of the best salads that I ever have!
It is combined with so many delicious things. Spinach, olives, red onion, tomatoes, cucumber, and sprinkled with feta cheese. But the key to this salad was the added pasta. I used the vegetable infused rotini pasta. It gave it such a great texture combined with all of the flavors. I love pasta mixed with greens and veggies.
The end result of this salad was gorgeous! I loved all of the bright colors and vegetables and the spinach hidden throughout.
The salad is tossed in a tangy red wine vinaigrette which gave this salad the perfect finishing touch. It had delicious spices and herbs in the dressing and coated the salad perfectly. I really couldn’t believe how amazing this salad was. It was delicious and full of flavor. It is sure to be a hit with your family and is one impressive and delicious salad!
Recipe adapted from all recipes
Greek Spinach Pasta Salad
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 pound rotini pasta cooked and rinsed in cool water (I used the colored vegetable pasta)
- 1 medium cucumber halved cut into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup kalamata olives pitted, halved (can also use black olives)
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 6 ounces feta cheese crumbled
Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl combine spinach, pasta, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, olives, red onion, and feta cheese. Toss to combine.
To make the dressing:
- In a small bowl whisk together garlic, dried oregano, dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad as needed and toss.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.