This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Hey to all the awesome Recipe Critic readers! Chelsea from Chelsea’s Messy Apron back to bring you one of my favorite muffin recipes!
These muffins are made healthier with Greek yogurt and yet they taste like a bakery muffin equivalent – super moist and crumbly – YUM! They also have such a fun “mix-in” in the form of canned fruit cocktail. I LOVE fruit cocktail – the mix of peaches, pears, pineapples, and cherries is absolutely delicious. And when mixed into muffins? People will go crazy for these!
I have a few tips sprinkled throughout the instructions, but an important thing to remember when making these muffins is to not overmix the batter or the muffins can become quite dense. Another way to avoid dense muffins is to measure the flour properly – don’t pack it in to the measuring cup but rather spoon and level the flour in. Those or the two most important tips I have for making these the best muffins ever!
More delicious muffins from Chelsea’s Messy Apron:
Healthy + Flourless Almond Apple Muffins
Skinny and Flourless Peanut Butter and Chocolate Muffins
Flourless Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Flourless and Healthy Double Chocolate Muffins
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Greek Yogurt Fruit Cocktail Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray and lightly flour (do not use muffin liners as these stick) 7-9 of the muffin cavities and set aside.
- Remove 1 tablespoon from the flour and return it to the flour bag. In a bowl, toss together the remaining flour with the cornstarch and baking powder until well mixed. (When you measure the flour make sure to spoon and level the flour not to pack it into the measuring cup)
- Stir in the well drained fruit cocktail (drain WELL or these muffins will be soggy) until well coated in the flour mixture and set aside.
- In another bowl (important to use 2 bowls so the ingredients don't get over-mixed resulting in dense muffins), lightly beat the egg with a fork for 20 seconds. Stir in the Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, and melted coconut oil until well combined.
- Stir in the sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until JUST combined. Over-mixing will yield less optimal results.
- Fill up the prepared muffin tin a little over 3/4ths the way full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a fork when inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.