Grilled Honey Barbecue Chicken Foil Packets are the easiest summer meal with practically no clean-up! Perfectly tender chicken grilled with fresh summer veggies and coated in a delicious sweet and tangy barbecue sauce.
These Grilled Honey Barbecue Chicken Foil Packets are the perfect easy dinner recipe when it’s too hot to turn on the oven.
This recipe starts off with chicken breasts that you coat in a delicious sweet and tangy honey barbecue sauce.
Add your favorite chopped veggies – I used zucchini, bell peppers, red onion, corn and broccoli. Seal up the packets and toss onto the grill until the chicken is cooked through.
Sprinkle with some fresh parsley and dinner is done! An easy, flavor-packed meal with virtually no-clean-up!
- Heavy Duty Foil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- ⅛-1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt (I used Lawry's), or to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ear of corn, kernels removed
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- ¼ red onion, cut into small chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- ⅓ cup barbecue sauce (I used Stubb's)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Cut four 12 x 12 inch squares of heavy duty foil and lay out on a flat surface. Divide the vegetables evenly among the foil packets then nestle one chicken breast in the middle.
- Drizzle the chicken and vegetables with olive oil and season with seasoned salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, whisk together the barbecue sauce, honey, apple cider, paprika and chili powder. Brush sauce on both sides of the chicken - reserving enough for later. Sprinkle with half of the chopped parsley.
- Lift the sides of the foil over the chicken and seal to close off the packets.
- Place foil packets onto grill and grill for 7-8 minutes, then flip over and grill for an additional 7-9 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chicken), or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the grill and carefully open the foil packets. Brush chicken with reserved sauce and top with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
More foil packet dinners from Life Made Sweeter: