Grilled Honey Barbecue Chicken Foil Packets are the easiest summer meal with practically no clean-up! Perfectly tender chicken grilled with fresh summer veggies and coated in a delicious sweet and tangy barbecue sauce.
Hey everyone! Kelly here again from Life Made Sweeter! Today I’m sharing another simple dish you can make on the grill.
These Grilled Honey Barbecue Chicken Foil Packets are the perfect easy dinner recipe when it’s too hot to turn on the oven.
Foil packets are a favorite around here. They come together quickly and are very simple to customize. Plus everyone in your family will love that they each get their own individualized serving.
This recipe starts off with chicken breasts that you coat in a delicious sweet and tangy honey barbecue sauce.
Add your favorite chopped veggies – I used zucchini, bell peppers, red onion, corn and broccoli. Seal up the packets and toss onto the grill until the chicken is cooked through.
Sprinkle with some fresh parsley and dinner is done! An easy, flavor-packed meal with virtually no-clean-up!
Grilled Honey Barbecue Chicken Foil Packets
- Heavy Duty Foil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to even thickness
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt I used Lawry's, or to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ear of corn kernels removed
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1/4 red onion cut into small chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- !For the Honey Barbecue Sauce
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce I used Stubb's
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Cut four 12 x 12 inch squares of heavy duty foil and lay out on a flat surface. Divide the vegetables evenly among the foil packets then nestle one chicken breast in the middle.
- Drizzle the chicken and vegetables with olive oil and season with seasoned salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, whisk together the barbecue sauce, honey, apple cider, paprika and chili powder. Brush sauce on both sides of the chicken - reserving enough for later. Sprinkle with half of the chopped parsley.
- Lift the sides of the foil over the chicken and seal to close off the packets.
- Place foil packets onto grill and grill for 7-8 minutes, then flip over and grill for an additional 7-9 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chicken), or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the grill and carefully open the foil packets. Brush chicken with reserved sauce and top with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
More foil packet dinners from Life Made Sweeter:
Question–the broccoli is not listed on the recipe card. How much did you use?
Can you make these a few days ahead of time? Going hunting.
Yes! That is perfect!
GRILLED HONEY BARBECUE CHICKEN FOIL PACKETS should the bbq sauce be used on cooked chicken after being used for raw chicken?
No, you will want to discard the bbq sauce that was on the raw chicken.
I want to thank you for this page you have created.
Since we’ve gotten older, my husband ‘s appetite has become a little fussy. Your recipes not only look good, but are VERY tasty.
We especially loved the Grilled Huli Huli Chicken; It gave new meaning to the word chicken!
Hi Alyssa and group (The Recipe Critic)!
My friend on facebook sent me your Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef recipe and it looks delicious! I also saved several recipes to pinterest that look great too. I look forward to making them. I wanted to let you know I like your blog on here! I first noticed the nice Icons (like clip-art) that you have for the sections of recipe box, appetizers, desserts, etc. They’re cute and creative! It looks like it must be fun to have such an interesting and successful blog! Keep up the good work! Thank You!
Can I bake this in the oven?
YES! Put the foil packets on a baking sheet and it will cook at 375*.
Can I use chicken wings in my foil pack
Awesome cannot wait to try
Sounds great! Happy cooking! XOXO
Beautiful like you. I have to try it now. Thank you.
AWE! You are so sweet! Thank you very much! It is a keeper and so fun to make in the summertime! XOXO