This Grilled Honey Lime Salmon is a light and tasty dish that is just perfect for summer. The honey and lime butter sauce is sweet, tangy and so amazingly flavorful!
Hey guys! It’s Kelly here from Life Made Sweeter again. Today I’m sharing one of my favorite dishes to make once it gets warmer outside. With summer just around the corner, we’ve been using our grill nonstop.
This Grilled Honey Lime Salmon happens a lot around here. The salmon is marinated in a sweet and sticky honey lime glaze and gets grilled to tender flaky perfection.
If you’ve never grilled salmon before, you totally have nothing to fear.
Just preheat your grill for a few minutes on medium high heat and be sure to oil your grill generously. This prevents the salmon from sticking too much.
To get those pretty grill marks, you’ll just place the salmon directly onto the grill diagonally. Then cover the grill and cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until you see grill marks.
Use your tongs along with a wide spatula to help you gently remove from the grill.
You can also wrap the salmon in foil if having those grill marks is not important.
It’s the easiest way to grill perfectly tender and flaky salmon The foil seals in that delicious sweet and tangy flavor as it cooks.
Serve with some lime slices, a sprinkle of chopped herbs and grilled veggies of your choice and you’ve got a great meal to add to your dinner rotation!
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- zest from half a lime
- Oil for grilling
- Lime slices and chopped cilantro (or parsley), for serving
- Season salmon generously with salt and pepper. In a small bowl whisk together the melted butter, honey, soy sauce, lime juice, lime zest and minced garlic. Reserve 1-2 tablespoons of the sauce to brush on the salmon once finished cooking.
- Marinade the salmon in the rest of the sauce for at least 30 minutes before grilling. Once the salmon is ready, preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush grill grates with oil. Place salmon fillets on the grill diagonally to the grill grates. Grill with the lid closed for 2-4 minutes (depending on the thickness of the salmon) or until grill marks appear. Use tongs and a wide spatula, carefully turn the fish onto the other side, so that the skin side is now on the grill grates.
- Close the grill lid. Cook for another 2-5 minutes, again depending on the thickness of the fillets. Salmon should be just barely opaque throughout when done.
- Place each piece of salmon on a piece of heavy duty foil large enough to fold over and seal. Add lime slices and drizzle with a spoonful of marinade. Wrap up salmon tightly in the foil packets.
- Place the foil packets on the hot grill and cook for 10-13 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove from grill.
- Brush the tops of the salmon with reserved sauce and serve immediately with lime slices and chopped herbs, if desired.
More salmon recipes: