I love when I find a good grilling recipe that is quick and easy and packed with flavor. Since having the baby it hasn’t been so easy to make meals like I used to for my family. Many nights I have to put something quick together for my boys and it usually consists of mac and cheese. Like I said you forget how much time and attention a newborn takes. Luckily my boys are understanding and can even make meals on their own. 🙂
This Coconut Lime Chicken has been one of my best finds on pinterest. I was especially happy to give my family a delicious meal that was quick and easy! I can’t even begin to describe how amazing the marinade is over this chicken. And once I grilled it up, it was so tender and juicy and just melted in my mouth. The coconut and lime combinations goes together so well and is perfect for the summer. The coconut rice is a must make to serve the chicken over. Everyone was raving about how amazing this recipe was. It is one of those recipes that is so great that you can hardly wait to make it again!
Grilled Lime Coconut Chicken with Coconut Rice
A delicious lime coconut marinade that is perfect for summer and will be one of the best things you grill!
Chicken Marinade Ingredients:
- 2 pounds chicken breasts boneless and skinless, about 4-6 depending on size
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk canned
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Fresh Lime Wedges for garnish
Coconut Rice Ingredients:
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 cup canned coconut milk light or regular
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together oil, zest of lime and lime juice, cumin, coriander, soy sauce, salt, sugar, curry powder and coconut milk. Place into a gallon sized bag with chicken and let marinade for at least 2 hours up to 6 hours.
To make the coconut rice:
- Bring rice, water, coconut milk, and salt to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low continuing to cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for about 10 and fluff with fork before serving.
- Grill the chicken on each side for about 6-7 minutes or until no longer pink and cooked throughout. Pour the marinade sauce into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken before serving and garnish with chopped cilantro and lime wedges. Serve over coconut rice.