This recipe has been in my top 5 recipes of all time. So when my parents wanted to have a BBQ this weekend I couldn’t wait to try this on the grill! Of course I already knew that it would turn out perfectly! You can’t go wrong when you marinate chicken in an amazing sauce, wrap it in bacon, and then top it with BBQ sauce and cheddar cheese at the end. It was grilled to perfection and the bacon was crisped perfectly. The chicken was perfectly moist and the flavor was amazing. This was a huge hit with my family!
Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 2 stars
Grilled Monterey Chicken
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Worchestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1 cup shredded monterey Jack Cheese
- 8 slices apple-smoked bacon
- 8 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- Mix the honey, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and salt together. I cut my chicken breasts in half making them tenders. Marinate your chicken breasts in this sauce for at least an hour but can be marinated overnight.
- Wrap each chicken piece in bacon securing the bacon with a toothpick. Place on the grill and cook until no longer pink in the center and juices run clear.
- When finished cooking, top each chicken breast with BBQ and sprinkle with cheese. Leave on the grill until it is melted and serve!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
For the baked version click here
Served the recipe with the sweet potato casserole and the banana cream bars, and what a hit. My sons girl friend said this was the best I have ever made.
Thank you again for all you recipes
I LOVE your blog!! Making this tonight!! Keep posting GREAT recipes 🙂
Looks fabulous! Can’t wait to try!