Homemade Pumpkin Spice Floats are a warm and creamy pumpkin spice drink with ice cream inside! One sip of this delicious drink and you will be hooked!
Hey everyone! Chelsea back from Chelsea’s Messy Apron with the perfect cool-weather treat! A few years ago I went to a Christmas party and they had an entire bar of hot chocolates with all kinds of flavors. As if hot chocolate wasn’t already amazing by itself, they also had different flavors of ice cream to mix into the hot chocolate.
This was my first time having a hot chocolate “float” and I was hooked. As in, I can’t even have regular hot chocolate now because it’s just not the same!
While we haven’t quite pulled out the hot chocolate YET, we’ve been eating/drinking all things pumpkin flavored so I thought it would be delicious to add some ice cream to a pumpkin drink. And honestly, I don’t think I’ll ever go back to regular pumpkin drinks now!
Drizzle on lots of caramel and spray whipped topping and you’ve got an entire dessert on hand! These make such a fun dessert for a party or get together and if you want to scale down the recipe a bit, it works great halved!
Homemade Pumpkin Spice "Latte" Floats
- 1 cup not an entire can canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of each: nutmeg and ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups whole milk
- Caramel swirl or coffee-flavored ice cream
- Spray whip topping caramel dessert topping
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, add in the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Stir until well combined. Add in the vanilla and stir.
- Add in the whole milk and then whisk until well combined.
- Use an immersion blender to blend up the mixture and add some froth OR very carefully transfer the mixture to a blender and pulse a few times to get that good frothy texture.
- Fill up glasses with ice cream and then add in the pumpkin spice drink.
- Top with spray whip topping and caramel dessert topping as desired.
- Enjoy immediately.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Just tried this with some leftover pumpkin and it’s the best I’ve ever had. I only modified things I didn’t quite have. I used fat free lactose free milk because I didn’t have whole and it still foamed up so great with the hand mixer trick at the end. I didn’t have ice cream or whipped cream but I swear it’s so rich and delicious i didn’t miss it. I will definitely be making this again. Thank you!
hey girl this looks amazing! Yummy!
This looks and sounds incredible! Perfect for these fall nights with the kids.