Hi Guys! Its Kelley over at Chef Savvy. I am so excited to share these Meatball Sliders with you today!
I love meatballs. They are so easy to make, versatile and can be made in advance and frozen for quick weeknight meals. They are even better when they are sandwiched between mini burger buns and topped with melted mozzarella cheese!
The meatballs get super tender by simmering them in tomato sauce after they are seared in a hot pan. They get topped with mozzarella cheese and broiled until melty and browned. Serve with a couple sprigs of basil and devour!
These sandwiches would be perfect for tailgating too! Enjoy!
Check out more meatballs recipes from Chef Savvy:
- Super Tender Italian Meatballs
- Thai Red Curry Chicken Meatballs
- Asian Style Chicken Meatballs
- Turkey Meatballs with Arugula and Mushrooms
Italian Meatball Sliders
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 6-8 slices of mozzarella cheese depending on how many meatballs you make
- basil for serving if desired
- slider buns toasted
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large skillet and heat.
- Toss in onion and cook until tender and caramelized, 3-4 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the onion and garlic mixture to a large bowl along with ground beef, breadcrumbs, cheese, egg and parsley. Mix with your hands or with a spoon until combined. Roll into meatballs. (I rolled them into 6 large meatballs, You can do 8 meatballs to feed two sliders per person.)
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the same skillet the onion was cooked in. Once the pan is nice and hot add the meatballs and brown on both sides. (about 1-2 minutes on each side).
- Leave the meatballs in the pan and pour tomato sauce on top. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- To serve place 1 meatball on the bottom of a slider. Top with 1 slice of mozzarella cheese. Place under the broiler on high until cheese has fully melted and starts to brown. Top with fresh basil if desired and the top of the slider bun.
- Serve immediately!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.