This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Hi everybody! My name is Jenn from Deliciously Sprinkled and I’m Alyssa’s newest contributor here on The Recipe Critic. I am so excited to share some delicious recipes with all of you! I have been a huge fan of all Alyssa’s easy to make and amazing recipes for years and I’m so honored to be able to contribute to her site!
Today, I’m sharing with you one of my favorite cupcake recipes. These Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes are bursting with vanilla, fresh blueberries and a hint of lemon. Piled high with a delicious lemon buttercream frosting and of course, it wouldn’t be a cupcake with out SPRINKLES!
With spring in full swing and summer just around the corner, these cupcakes just scream warm weather and outdoor parties. Their so delicious and refreshing that every time I make these Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes for a party, they are always the first thing to go.
So let’s start baking…
These cupcakes are super simple to make. I start out by using my favorite Vanilla Cupcake recipe. I added some fresh lemon juice and lemon zest to give these cupcakes their refreshing but not over powering lemon flavor. I then add fresh blueberries, but you could use frozen blueberries, as well. I baked these cupcakes for about 18-20 minutes and let them cool before I topped them with the delicious lemon buttercream frosting.
And don’t forget to top each cupcake with SPRINKLES and an extra blueberry to make these cupcakes look extra pretty!
Enjoy & Happy Spring!
Looking for more delicious Blueberry recipes?
Homemade Blueberry Muffins
Blueberry Lemon Cream Cheese Bread
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line (1) muffin tins with 12 cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer on medium speed, beat eggs and sugar for about 2 minutes, or until light and creamy. Add the butter and vanilla extract and beat on low speed for about 1 minute, or until well blended. Beat in the dry ingredients on low speed until blended. DO NOT OVER MIX! Add the sour cream. lemon zest, and lemon juice and beat until smooth. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill each cupcake liner about 3/4 the way full with cupcake batter. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting.
Make the Frosting:
- Mix softened butter on medium speed with an electric or stand mixer. Beat for 30 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and heavy whipping cream. Increase to high-speed and beat for 3 minutes. Add more cream if needed for spreading consistency.
- Frost cupcakes using a piping bag or knife. Top with SPRINKLES and blueberries.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.