A delicious and moist lemon poppyseed bread that is bursting with fresh raspberries inside. Drizzled in a lemon glaze, this will be one of the best quick bread recipes that you make!
Quick breads are amazing, aren’t they? I love being able to mix them together in a matter of minutes and throw it into the oven. One of my favorite kinds is lemon poppyseed. I love the texture of the tiny poppyseeds throughout and the lemon flavor is awesome.
But have you ever added a berry to a quick bread?
It is the most amazing thing ever!
It is like tiny pockets of fresh jam bursting in every bite! Honestly. I can’t even get over how amazing this bread was. I could have eaten the entire thing in one sitting if I didn’t stop myself! The bread baked perfectly moist and incredible. The lemon flavor throughout was so refreshing and delicious.
The delicious lemon flavor was perfectly sweet and tart throughout. But I do have to say that one of my favorite parts was the lemon glaze on top. Holy cow. It was the perfect finishing touch!
I think it would be impossible to make this and not love it. This is a bread that is sure to impress and become an instant favorite!
You won’t regret making this bread, I promise!
Lemon Raspberry Poppyseed Bread
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest about 1 large lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons poppyseeds
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest grated
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease the sides and bottom of one 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl combine 1 ½ cups flour, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, combine buttermilk, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla, vegetable oil, and poppyseeds. Whisk to combine and pour into the dry ingredients and combine.
- Toss the fresh raspberries lightly in the 1 Tablespoon of flour to coat. Gently fold them into the batter. Pour into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- To make the lemon glaze, whisk together powdered sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and milk. Drizzle over the top of the cooled bread.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.