Delicious and soft pumpkin cookies that just melt in your mouth! These are the BEST pumpkin cookies and the cream cheese frosting on top is fantastic!
Can you even believe that we are in October? Wasn’t it just summer time and we were having barbecues and swimming outside? I swear the older that you get, the time just flies by. My oldest is turning 12 tomorrow and I feel like he was born yesterday. I have a 12 year old? Is that even possible.
My son is the biggest fan of coming home to an after school treat. I had made these cookies and he instantly ate one when he came home from school. He told me that these were the best cookies that I have made. I already knew this of course because I had eaten to many to count. 🙂
These cookies are so soft and they just melt in your mouth. Seriously one of the best pumpkin cookies that I have had. The original recipe made 4 dozen. And since I didn’t need quite that many I cut the recipe in half. But if you are wanting to use the entire can of pumpkin then feel free to double the recipe. 🙂
Oh and one more thing. The cream cheese frosting. Ah-mazing. Not only do these cookies melt in your mouth with the first bite, the cream cheese frosting is the perfect finishing touch! You are going to love everything about these amazing pumpkin cookies!
Watch a video on how to make Pumpkin Cookies:
Melt in your Mouth Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 8 Oz cream cheese softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl, beat 1 cup butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Add egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla; beat until combined. Beat in pumpkin. Lastly beat in flour.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoons 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are set. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
- To make the cream cheese frosting: Beat together butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth and creamy. Frost cooled cookies
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.