Hi friends! It’s Liz from Love Grows Wild back again with a fantastic new recipe for you! Last time I was here, it was all about Thanksgiving and turkey, but we’ve moved past that holiday straight into Christmas, so today I’m sharing this fun recipe that’s both a great holiday party appetizer AND a scrumptious sweet treat… Mini Toffee Chocolate Chip Cheese Balls!
Can I just tell you for a minute how much I LOVE Christmas? I love wrapping all my presents with pretty bows and the wonderful smell of Christmas trees and decorating my home with lots of glitter and sparkle… It might just be my very favorite time of year! But let’s be honest. The BEST part of the holidays… is all the sweets!! Endless trays of fresh baked cookies and baskets full of homemade candies. Yep, it doesn’t get any better than this!
And that’s why I love this easy appetizer idea so much… this particular cheese ball is sweet instead of savory! We’ve all had the incredibly addicting savory cheese balls that are served at just about every holiday gathering, but this version is even better! It starts by combining lightly sweetened cream cheese with creamy Biscoff spread… have you ever tried Biscoff? (Some of you may also know it as cookie butter, as well.) Oh my word, it is amazing! The flavor reminds me a little bit of gingerbread, which is just perfect for this time of year!
Then the mixture gets studded with English toffee bits and mini chocolate chips for a bit of crunch and extra sweetness… yum! After all the main ingredients are mixed, you could certainly just serve this in a bowl as a dip or shape it into one giant cheese ball, but serving it in little individual mini cheese balls makes this recipe extra fun! I roll the chilled mixture into small balls and give them a run through chopped pecans for a crunchy, nutty coating that is the perfect finishing touch on these sweet little appetizers.
I like to stick a toothpick or small fork into each of the mini cheese balls to make it easy for guests to grab at a party. All you need is a big bowl of pretzels, graham crackers, or apple slices for dippers, and you have a sweet appetizer your guests will love! Head’s up: My favorite way to eat them is with pretzel sticks! The combination of salty pretzels and sweet Biscoff spread is out-of-this-world yummy! Try this recipe during the holidays, and you definitely will not be disappointed!
Mini Toffee Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup Biscoff creamy spread
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits
- 2 cups pecans chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, Biscoff, and vanilla until fluffy and well combined.
- Add the powdered sugar and brown sugar and beat until completely mixed .
- Stir in the chocolate chips and toffee. Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Shape mixture into 1 ½ inch - 2 inch mini cheese balls and roll in chopped pecans, completely covering the outside. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- When ready, add a toothpick to each mini cheese ball and serve along with pretzels, graham crackers, or apple slices for dipping. Makes about 18 mini cheese balls.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.