Hey-a everyone! It’s Chelsea from Chelsea’s Messy Apron. Happy OFFICIAL Fall! I couldn’t be more excited that it’s Fall since it’s completely my favorite season. I have had pumpkin everything on my blog lately…Oh and tons and tons of apples! But today, I thought I should take a break from all the pumpkin and apple cider and bring you all some super easy miniature cookie cupcakes.
But these aren’t just any cookie cupcakes – they are stuffed with salted caramel (my favorite) and studded with milk chocolate chips. Oh, and did I mention, they have some butterscotch flavoring too? I’m sure you guys will love these!!
To make these miniature cookie cups, you will start with a miniature muffin tin. You’ll want to really grease the tin well with non-stick spray. Don’t use cupcake liners, as the cookies stick to those and aren’t removed well after baking. Then you will mix up the cookie dough. To increase the butterscotch flavor, I added a package of butterscotch pudding. The pudding gives these cookies a heightened butterscotch flavor and also make the cookies a lot softer. By adding pudding to cookies it makes them more moist and keeps them softer for longer. Another ingredient which increases the softness of these cookies is cornstarch. Just a small amount goes a long way! Cornstarch also helps to lift the cookie and makes it puff up more in the muffin tin.
The caramel and butterscotch together are AMAZING! And then with a few chocolate chips pressed into the top of the cookie and a sprinkle of sea salt – yeah; pretty much a perfect dessert! Enjoy 🙂
Here are some more recipes from Chelsea’s Messy Apron:
You can also connect with Chelsea’s Messy Apron here!
Miniature Salted Caramel Cookie Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 5 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour spooned and leveled
- 1 package butterscotch pudding mix dry
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 12-24 Caramels unwrapped, quantity depends on preference (see instructions)
- Handful of chocolate chips
- Sea Salt for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Heavily grease a miniature muffin tin with baking spray.
- Cream together the butter with both sugars. Make sure the butter is a room temperature, but not at all melted.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the salt, and then the vanilla.
- In another bowl combine the flour, pudding mix, baking powder, baking soda, and cornstarch. Stir until combined.
- Add dry to wet and mix until just combined, making sure to scrape down the sides.
- If needed, add more flour until the mixture is able to be rolled without sticking to your hands.
- Roll small balls that fill up the muffin tin about 3/4ths the way. Place the balls in the muffin tin.
- Remove the wrappers from the caramels and cut into either 2 or 4 sections (I did it in four sections, but if you want more caramel do 2). Press a caramel piece into the center of the cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove and press one caramel piece into the center of each cookie. Press a few chocolate chips around the caramel piece on the top
- Allow to cool for about 1-3 minutes. Remove the cookies (don't let them cool in the muffin tin) and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Once the cookies are completely cooled, sprinkle on some salt and enjoy.