I hope you all had an enjoyable Thanksgiving holiday! We had a great time at my Grandma’s and spending time with family. It was nice to sit and relax this weekend. But I am pretty excited to get started with the Christmas baking and recipes. Especially recipes with mint! I wanted to start it off right with this pretty amazing mint cheesecake bars.
I absolutely love my recipe here for Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars. They are always such a huge hit whenever I make them. I was shopping at the store the other day and found these mint oreos. Immediately I knew that I was making these. And the minty creaminess to these bars were absolutely fantastic!
Really these aren’t hard to make at all. You make the oreo crust and creamy mint cheesecake center. They are the perfect bar for any holiday party. I was even thinking you could cut them into small bite size squares and maybe even drizzle them with chocolate for an amazing presentation. I am so excited for all of the yummy holiday and minty recipes. This is such a fun time of year. And you need to put this on your list of yummy things to bake!
Mint Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars
Delicious and creamy mint oreo cheesecake bars that taste absolutely fantastic!
- 1 pound mint oreo cookies
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 3 packages (8 ounce) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- green food coloring optional
- Preheat oven to 325. Line a 9×13 pan with aluminum foil, leaving a 2 inch overhang for easy removal. Spray the aluminum foil with non stick cooking spray,
- Place 28 oreos in a food processor or grinder and pulse until they are finely ground. Add the melted butter and stir until the oreos are moistened. Pour the crumb mixture into the 9×13 and press firmly until the crumbs are evenly distributed. Bake this for 10 minutes in oven and remove from oven and set on a cooling rack while you make the cheesecake mixture.
- In large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese and sugar about 2 minutes until smooth. Add the sour cream, vanilla, mint extract and salt and beat together for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each egg. Add green food coloring to get desired shade of green.
- Break the remaining cookies in half and gently pulse them in the food processor so that they are still chunky. Stir them into the cheesecake mixture.
- Pour the cheesecake on top of the oreo crust and spread evenly. Then I took about 4 oreos and crumbled them on the very top. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes until the filling is set around the edges and the middle is a little wobbly. Chill for at least 3 hours or overnight. Keep them stored in the refrigerator.