Amazing peanut butter chocolate chip cupcakes topped with cookie dough frosting loaded with M&M’s and chocolate chips!Ingredients for the cupcakes:
We are moving and things are about to get crazy around here! We have been keeping an eye out in our neighborhood for a house of our own because we absolutely love where we live. A house came open just down the street from us, we jumped on it as fast as we could and got it! Some things that I will be lovin’ in the new house is that it has a bedroom for each of my kids including the new babe. I will have my own office. But here is the best part. Not one, but TWO kitchens! And they are absolutely gorgeous. They have never been used and have stainless steel appliances and granite countertops. We live just two houses away from our neighborhood park and we can almost see our boys’ school from our house. It is perfect for us. I am trying to think of all of the positives about moving. My hubby has been packing and I am tired just watching him. Pregnant and moving is hard and my back is out! At least I can use the excuse that I can’t lift anything right? 😉 This move will definitely be worth it though!
Now let’s talk about these delicious and fun cupcakes. My boys wanted to make some cupcakes for my birthday. But because we were so busy we didn’t get around to it. So we baked these cupcakes for family night. They are peanut butter cupcakes with chocolate chips. But the frosting makes these cupcakes UH-mazing! I may or have may not eaten most of it with a spoon. It was creamy and delicious with fun M&M’s and chocolate chips inside. And the bright colors are so fun. We all loved them!
Monster Cookie Dough Cupcakes
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
For the Cookie Dough Frosting:
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1 c. powdered sugar up to 1 more cup if needed
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 bag plain mini M&Ms
- 3/4 cup mini or regular semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a stand mixer, cream together softened butter, creamy peanut butter, and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Add in the flour, and baking powder until combined. Once combined, slowly add in the milk. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill the cupcake liner about 2/3 full. I was able to get about 12 cupcakes. Bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, in a stand mixer blend together the cream cheese, peanut butter and butter until combined. Slowly add in powdered sugar, brown sugar, flour and vanilla. Add in the oats.
- Stir in the M&M's and chocolate chips. Frost each cupcake with the frosting.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.