How’s your summer going so far? Are you staying cool? Tiffany put together an awesome round-up to keep cool that you definitely need to check out if you haven’t already. I’m wishing I could eat every single one of those frozen treats! And today, I’ve got another frozen treat for you to try – an M&M oatmeal cookie ice cream sandwich!
But these aren’t just any ordinary oatmeal cookie – they are stuffed with miniature M&M’s. Regular-sized M&M’s can absolutely be substituted; I just like the way that miniature ones look. There is also plenty of chocolate chips in this dough! The husband could not get enough of these cookies. In fact, he said they were the best oatmeal cookies he’d ever had. And that’s quite a compliment from this guy. He sure knows his way around cookies!
Sandwiched in between the two cookies I used vanilla ice cream, but you could get creative and fill it with a different flavor and one you think would go well with oatmeal chocolate chips cookies.
Next time, I’m trying chocolate 🙂
These cookies are ultra soft and don’t take long to make, you just need to make sure they are completely cooled before sandwiching the ice cream in between. Unless you don’t mind eating the warm cookies with ice cream in a bowl – that always makes for a delicious treat.
Sometimes I’ll even cook the dough in a small ramekin and top it right out of the oven with ice cream to make a miniature pizookie! So many good ways you can use this recipe. Enjoy!
Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1 and ¼ cup old -fashioned oats no substitutes
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup miniature M&M's
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat together the brown sugar, white sugar, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, combine the baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, and flour.
- Slowly add dry to wet and beat until combined. Stir in the oats, chocolate chips, and miniature M&M's.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Allow to completely cool and then sandwich two cookies with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream inside.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.